Qatar is one of the wealthiest nations in the world with a prosperous and modern society. The country has world-class infrastructure and a robust economy. These and many other factors contribute to making Qatar an ideal destination for business and investment. Qatar Free Zones offer many benefits to the foreign companies registered there.
For more information on setting up a company in Qatar free zone, get in touch with us at info[at]excelconsultants.org or
Free Zones in Qatar
There are two main free zones in Qatar, Ras Boufantas located near the Hamad International Airport, and Umm Alhoul located near the Hamad Port. QFZA (Qatar Free Zones Authority looks after and supervises the free zones in Qatar. These free zones bring into the country investments and entrepreneurs from across the world, offering them many advantages.
Benefits of Establishing a Company in the Free Zone
- No tax on personal income
- No business or corporate tax
- No customs duty
- Infrastructure and outstanding partnership opportunities
Excel Consultants & Partners LLC has an expert team of business registration in Qatar. You can get in touch with us to know the process of having an official company representative for your business in Qatar. We provide business company formation service in Qatar and any other details necessary before you make your mind.
Requirements of Free Zones in Qatar for Opening a Company
Despite the easy requirements for opening up a company in Qatar free zones, foreign entrepreneurs need to understand them before getting their business registered. You can open a limited liability company in Qatar among the different types of companies.
The minimum capital requirement for working as an LLC is QAR 200,000. You can have 100% ownership of the firm. The Articles of Association of the company must include all the details about the business management, its addresses, and the policies that would govern its operations.
An LLC may have to abide by some additional requirements, permits, and licenses depending on the business type. The Qatar Ministry of Economy and E-commerce gives approvals.
The Public Revenue and Tax Authority registers and issues the TIN or Tax Number.
For more details on how to register an LLC company in Qatar, get in touch with our company formation experts in Qatar at info[at]excelconsultants.org.
Benefits of Opening a Company in Free Zones of Qatar
Here is a list of the benefits of having a business in Qatar free zones.
- Endless partnership possibilities
- 100% ownership in a Qatar based business
- Easy to understand and transparent regulatory framework
- No corporate taxes
- No currency restrictions
- World-class communication and IT infrastructure
- Logistic facilities
- No restriction on capital repatriation
- Complete protection of intellectual property rights
- A highly developed maritime industry
- Similarly, businesses that choose to have a setup in Umm Alhoul Port benefit from the highly developed transportation, logistics, manufacturing, and maritime industries to operate from Umm Alhoul Port.
- Entrepreneurs who establish a company in Ras Bufonas Free Zone can make use of the availability of all consumer products, lean manufacturing, and high-level business services.
Get in touch with ExcelConsultants.org consultants on establishing a free zone company in Qatar for more information by emailing us at info[at]excelconsultants.org.
Investing in Free Zones in Qatar
The Qatar government authorities have created an ideal environment for foreign companies and entrepreneurs. The energy sector remains top-performing with huge oil and gas reserves.
Qatar is one of the world’s largest exporters of oil and gas products. Other sectors with a significantly large presence in Qatar include Banking and Financial Institutions and related services, and Pharmaceuticals. The country’s large foreign currency reserves immensely add to the economic stability of the country. Thus, making it a safer country for foreign investors and entrepreneurs looking to invest in a country with minimum economic volatility.
- Foreign reserves for Qatar stand at 39.72 billion for FYE 2019.
- Qatar has improved on the index for ease of doing business to currently rank at 77th.
- The nations that have partnered with Qatar in its economic development include South Korea, Singapore, the US, and Japan.
- A low corporate tax rate of 10% adds to the country’s viability as one of the top world destinations for doing business.
Get in touch with us at +974.70268254 or drop us an email at info[at]excelconsultants.org to set up a company in a free zone in Qatar.
Business Facilitation by the Qatar Government
Qatar Financial Centre
Qatar remains a leading country when it comes to the finance industry. QFC was established in 2005 to focus on the finance industry in Doha. QFC assists businesses by offering them support with financial services. The businesses that work under the QFC have a legal framework that helps manage money in the emerging markets. QFC includes the legal framework for both regulated and non-regulated activities.
Financial activities as regulated by the QFCRA include:
- Fiduciary businesses
- Islamic finance
- Reinsurance brokerage
- Insurance and Reinsurance
- Asset schemes cover; retail schemes, qualified investor schemes, and private placement schemes.
- Banking includes; corporate or wholesale banks, private banks, and investment banks.
Non-regulated activities include:
- Single-family offices
- Trusts and trust services
- Holding companies
- Special purpose companies
- Company headquarters, treasury functions, and management offices
- Business, corporate and professional services
Qatar Science and Technology Park
QSTP (Qatar Science and Technology Park), established in 1995 by His Highness the Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani is an independent and non-profit organization for the development of technology and its implementation in the country.
QSTP performs the following important functions.
- Facilitate active network relationships
- Management of the intellectual property assets
- To interface between the scientific research, its application, and output
- To connect the research with the commercial use of technology
Qatar Science and Technology Park memberships include globally established brands like Microsoft, Shell, Total, Gulf Bridge International, Exon Mobil, Maersk Oil, Chevron, Conoco Phillips, and Hydro. The partnership areas of QSTP energy, environment, ICT, and Health Sciences.
Foreign investors interested in opening companies in Qatar’s free zones can contact our team of company formation specialists in Qatar who can offer complete information and details about the incorporation.
Check our blog category on company formation in Qatar for more information.
You can reach us at info[at]ExcelConsultants.org or call us at +974.70268254.
- Accounting Bookkeeping Service in Doha Qatar
- Audit Consultancy Service Internal & External in Doha Qatar
- Tax Planning Company & Tax Consultant in Doha Qatar
- Qatar VAT & VAT Training
- Accounting Training & Education Service in Doha Qatar
- HR Consultancy for Accounting in Doha Qatar
- Business Feasibilities and Plans in Doha Qatar
- Accounting for eCommerce in Qatar
- Project Management in Qatar
- Company Formation Service in Qatar